The Kingdom of Bhutan is an ancient principality of Tibet, perched in the Himalayas. Its people are a happy nation because the high valleys of the country are fertile and produce more than enough to feed the million inhabitants of the kingdom. The Bhutanese are essentially religious men, inserted in an essentially religious society. One man in ten is a monk and the Buddhist faith inspires every gesture in life. This film highlights the spiritual sources of life in this small country which is one of the last islands of Tibetan culture. It knows how to allow the contemplation of a beautiful landscape and at the same time to make friendship with men haunted by the beyond of the material life, by the divine order of the cosmos and the conviction that it is necessary to live in agreement with this order. It allows to penetrate in a strange universe, far from the one we have built in Europe.
- Titel : Bhoutan, un petit pays possédé du ciel
- Realization : Ludovic Segarra - France | 1974 | 54 minutes | 35 mm
- PRODUCTION / DISSEMINATION : Ludovic Segarra Productions
- Image: Etienne Carton de Grammont
- Body (s) Regulator (s) or Custodian (s) : nformation, Archives Ludovic Segarra
- Participation: Service de la recherche de l’ORTF
- EAN: 00-0001-7E7E-0000-W-0000-0000-F